Yohann will show how custom TVOS uibuttons do no automatically give visual feedback when they are focused, contrary to the iPhone ones. He will then go through the process of explaining how to make them responsive using Apple button recommendations. Learn how to prevent this from happening so that your app buttons always look responsive.
- [Voiceover] In the Simulator,…whenever I de-focus to the extra button,…I have no feedback that I have selected it.…So I want to add visual feedback here…by adding an image when the button has focus.…I'm going in the Main.storyboard,…I will look at the View, and then select the buttons.…Here is the extra button,…I will move it down a little bit and center it.…And what I want to do…is go to the Inspector tab.…
In the Attribute inspector,…I can see the image for the button-explore-normal.…It's already there, only for the normal state.…But I do not have any image yet for the selected state…or what is called the focused state.…I will click on the State Config…which says Default by now…and go to the Focused entry.…Now I will locate my image for the focused state.…The name of the image is button-explore-selected.…
I will press Enter.…And now I will press Play in the TV simulator.…Now I am navigating to the extra button…and I can see the focused state…change from blue to yellow.…I want to go the extra mile.…I shall scale the size of the image file…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.