Yohann will go over the App icon specifications for the Apple TV. He will then explore the best practices to make a great TV app icon. He will go over the app icon image layers and how to make the best backgrounds, foregrounds and middle ground images. He will also talk about using colors, typography, logos, reusing app screenshots and app user interface. Yohann will go over the specific dimensions for the large and small app icon. Finally, get to explore the Parallax Previewer software.
- [Voiceover] Every app needs a beautiful and memorable…icon that attracts attention in the app store…and that stands out on the Apple TV homescreen.…The icon is the first opportunity to communicate…at a glance the app's purpose to people…just like these on the iOS App Store.…The first thing people get to see about the app…is the app icon and the app name.…The app icon needs to portray what the app is about,…as well as being appealing enough to catch…the attention of the person browsing the app store.…
Here are best practices to make a great icon.…The app icon should only have one single focus point.…Design an icon with a single point, usually to the…center of the image that immediately captures…attention and clearly identifies the app.…People shouldn't have to spend time trying to figure out…what is on the icon image.…Here is another best practice,…do not take the attention away from the foreground…by having a background with colors or objects.…
Keep the background simple.…Avoid background noise or too many colors.…
- Setting up Apple TV for Xcode
- Developing for tvOS
- Adding a new target to the project
- Running targets in the Simulator
- Working with the tvOS UIKit
- Adding images and sounds to the app
- Building the user interfaces
- Adding and connecting modal views
- Connecting the tab screens to the code
- Adding a tvOS app with iTunes Connect
- Publishing tvOS apps
- Adding advertisements to tvOS apps
Skill Level Intermediate
iOS App Development: Essential Courseswith Mike Wong37m 47s Beginner
1. Getting Started
2. tvOS UIKit
Work with the storyboard1m 25s
3. Porting an App
4. iTunes Connect
5. App Publishing
6. Extra Features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.