- By design, this course builds upon what I've covered in Six Sigma Fundamentals, Six Sigma Green Belt, and Introduction to Minitab. These prerequisite courses should be completed as an integral part of the Black Belt training. To help you see how the materials build upon each other, I have developed a learning roadmap showing how the courses intertwine and support each other at the topic level. Follow the learning roadmap to guide you to the corresponding videos in the Six Sigma Fundamentals, Six Sigma Green Belt, and Introduction to Minitab courses that you should watch first.
Six Sigma is data-driven. During Black Belt training and project work, statistical software is used for plotting and analyzing data. This course is designed with that type of support in mind, regardless of whatever software you use. My personal preference is Minitab, and that's what you'll see in this course. Last, this is not a course in statistics or mathematical formulas, so I will not cover the in-depth calculations involved.
This course focuses on the why, what, when, and more importantly, how to use statistics and other advanced quality tools to carry out your Black Belt projects. With these prerequisites out of the way, let's dive in.
Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
Lean Six Sigma: Define and Measure Toolswith Richard Chua1h 25m Intermediate
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.