Join Richard Chua for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Compare inferences on categorical data, part of Learning Minitab.
- [Voiceover] We have data on the three teams A, B, and C…and outcomes are result being late,…on time,…early,…and no show.…So, the tool to use will be…the Chi-Square Test for Association…to see if the result is dependent on team or not.…Stat, Tables,…Chi-Square Test for Association,…and our data is summarized in the two-way table.…Highlight the three teams.…And the row is Result.…And for the column,…we can name it,…just call it Team,…and click OK.…
And we have a p value of zero point eight six nine,…which means we failed to reject the null hypothesis…because it is greater than zero point zero five…and the null hypothesis is there is no association.…So, essentially,…the conclusion is it doesn't matter which team you select,…there is no association between the outcome and the team.…
Dr. Richard Chua shows how to import and organize data; open, save, and share Minitab worksheets and projects; create graphs and charts; and use descriptive statistics and statistical tests in Minitab to make inferences and data-driven decisions. Then learn how to make inferences on continuous data—running normality tests, variance tests, correlations, and simple regression tests. Finally, discover how to share your findings with others using reports and simple copy-and-paste techniques. Start watching to learn why Minitab is one of the world's most popular statistical software tools.
- Determine how to utilize display graphs and charts including bar, Pareto charts, and scatterplots.
- Recognize how to compare variance and multiple means.
- Identify how to compare medians.
- Explore how to run a multiple regression test and examine the resulting data.
- Break down how to compare inferences on continuous data.
- Differentiate how to compare proportions.
Skill Level Intermediate
Data Visualization for Data Analystswith Bill Shander1h 31m Beginner
Operational Excellence Foundationswith Richard Chua1h 32m Intermediate
1. Minitab Overview
2. Display Graphs and Charts
3. Describe Data with Statistics
4. Inferences on Continuous Data
5. Inferences on Categorical Data
6. Save and Share Your Work
Share outputs1m 7s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.