Learn to create and display scatter plots using Minitab. Scatter plots display the relationship between two variables. Scatter plots help answer the question: Does the value of one variable, the independent variable, affect the value of the other, possibly the dependent variable? Examine and compare relationships by creating and using scatter plots in Minitab. The scatter plot is the first step as it provides the graphical display for any follow-up statistical analysis such as correlation and regression.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] In this movie, I will show you…how to create scatterplots using Minitab.…Open up exercise file 0204.…We have some data here.…In the first two columns we have the price of apples…and the price of fuel over the years.…A question of interest is,…is there any relationship between these two prices?…So we can plot a scatterplot.…Go up to Graph, Scatterplot.…Choose Simple,…and since we are dealing with apples and fuel,…we're not sure which is Y, which is the X…it doesn't matter…which one you put in for each column.…
So let's put apples and fuel…and select OK and here we are a very scattered scatterplot.…Looks like there's no relationship…or association of any sort.…Okay, let's go over and look at the other data we have…in this worksheet in C5 through C7,…we have the height and weight and gender…of various individuals.…One question of interest might be,…does weight depend on height…and by the way, does gender play a role on the weight?…So, let's go ahead and plot scatterplot…with height and weight,…but now we choose Simple.…
Dr. Richard Chua shows how to import and organize data; open, save, and share Minitab worksheets and projects; create graphs and charts; and use descriptive statistics and statistical tests in Minitab to make inferences and data-driven decisions. Then learn how to make inferences on continuous data—running normality tests, variance tests, correlations, and simple regression tests. Finally, discover how to share your findings with others using reports and simple copy-and-paste techniques. Start watching to learn why Minitab is one of the world's most popular statistical software tools.
- Inputting data in Minitab
- Creating display graphs and charts, including bar and Pareto charts and scatterplots
- Describing data with statistics
- Comparing variance, multiple means, and medians
- Running multiple regression tests
- Comparing proportions
- Saving worksheets and Minitab projects
- Sharing your work and generating reports