Learn how to interpret control charts and distinguish between common and special causes when conducting Six Sigma projects.
- In Six Sigma Green Belt training…you were introduced to SPC charts,…in a number of videos.…Now let's talk about the use of…Minitab for SPC charts.…As a black belt you will be expected to know…how to develop and use SPC charts.…And to guide others in using them.…Knowing about SPC charts is not the same as…having a hands on experience in developing…and analyzing SPC charts.…With that in mind, let's practice this…using Minitab.…
To get started go to your exercise files…and download SPC data dot M T W…and open it.…Look at the column length…and essentially it's continuous data.…Individual values.…So the chart to use would be the RE chart…or individual's chart.…Let's plot that.…Go up to stat.…Control charts.…Chose individual chart and plot length.…Go to I chart options to specify…what tests you want to run.…You want to test for all special causes.…
Okay.…And okay.…You have the control limits, UCL.…Lower control limits, LCL.…X bar is the center line, the mean…and Minitab indicates that we have…out of control points…in this red dots.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
Operational Excellence Foundationswith Richard Chua1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.