In this video, learn how to identify the steps, tools, and deliverables of the Improve phase in a DMAIC project.
- Now that you know which key X's drive the performance of Y…you will want to develop and implement solutions…to address the key X's in order to improve Y.…You are now in the improve phase.…Remember, the main steps are, first,…generate potential solutions to address proven key X's.…Next, evaluate solution alternatives.…Then, select the right set of solutions to optimize Y.…Last, pilot and implement.…
Now, before implementing any solutions,…you must apply these tools and techniques.…New process maps to achieve a common understanding…of the improved process.…FMEA, or failure modes and effects analysis…to mitigate any potential risk of failure…and improve process.…Also, mistake proofing to prevent any possibility of errors.…And pilot testing to make sure it works…before full implementation.…Various tools such as DOE and process simulation may be used…to determine optimal settings.…
Check out my course, Six Sigma: Green Belt Training…for an introduction to DOE.…Here, in this Black Belt training,…you'll have the opportunity to design…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
Lean Six Sigma: Define and Measure Toolswith Richard Chua1h 25m Intermediate
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.