In this video, learn how to identify the steps, tools, and deliverables of the Analyze phase in a DMAIC project as a Six Sigma Black Belt.
- The analyze phase in Six Sigma…is what makes DMAIC projects so powerful.…During this phase, the purpose is to determine…which Xs are the key factors that impact the problem Y.…In short, which key Xs belong in Y = f(x).…Remember, here are the five steps in the analyze phase.…First, generate a list of potential Xs that impact Y.…Next, organize the potential Xs.…Then compile a short list and select the likely key Xs.…
Next develop a data collection plan for the analysis.…And last, you need to prove the key Xs in Y = f(x).…So let's build on what was covered…in the green belt training by focusing on step five.…In this chapter, we will explore the statistical tools…needed to prove or disprove the key Xs.…We'll go beyond the why, when, and what,…focusing on why use a tool,…when to use it,…and what the results mean.…
We'll build on those elements and also include the how.…How to carry out the different hypothesis tests.…And how to interpret the statistical outputs including,…how to select the correct test…using a hypothesis testing word map,…
Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.