Learn the importance and use of nonparametric tests in Six Sigma projects, including the Wilcoxon, Kruskal-Wallis, and Mann-Whitney tests.
- What happens if you want to test theories…on differences in means using T tests and a Nova.…But the data is not normal.…Well, those tests can not be used.…So what can you do?…Fortunately, there's an alternative.…You can compare medians instead of means.…Using nonparametric methods.…They can also be used if you want to compare medians…because you're dealing with duration data…like processing times.…Let's go over some of the options for nonparametric methods.…
First, there's the one sample Wilcoxon test.…Which can be used to compare…the population median to a target.…There's also the Mann-Whitney test.…Which can be used to compare…two population medians of two groups.…And there's the Kruskal-Wallis test.…It can be used to compare…population medians of multiple groups.…Let's apply these nonparametric methods using mini tab.…To get started download from the exercise files…MediansData.mtw and open the file.…
Here we have three groups A, B and C.…With continuous data.…Let's assume you want to run T tests.…So, check for normality first.…
Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.