Learn how to calculate and interpret regression and hypothesis tests for regression statistics. In addition, Dr. Richard Chua explains how to perform residual analysis to validate the model.
- In your black belt project,…once the correlation is determined to be significant,…the next question is,…what is the exact form of the relationship…or what is the regression equation?…You may ask why the term regression?…It's historical…and the term that can be attributed to…Victorian statistician, Sir Francis Galton.…Who first used it to express how…as more and more data is collected…their values tend to get closer…or regress toward the mean.…And those means represent the line of best fit.…
Which is termed the regression equation.…More specifically, what is the Y equals F of X.…Once that is known, axis can be controlled,…to achieve the desired level of Y.…For instance is there any relationship…between the speed of a car…and the stopping distance when brakes are applied?…Let's use Minitab to learn some examples on regression.…To get started go up to your exercise files…and download regression data dot M T W.…
And open that file.…Here we have in column one, speed…and in column three, stopping distance.…Of interest to us is whether…
Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
Lean Six Sigma: Define and Measure Toolswith Richard Chua1h 25m Intermediate
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.