In this video, Dr. Richard Chua explains how to confirm and display the improved process capability during Six Sigma projects.
- Your project improvements have been implemented…and the process owners and operators are running…the improved process under normal conditions.…Now you want to confirm and display the improved…process capability.…Let's say your project was supposed to reduce…the defect rate of products or transactions…such as invoices or maybe the project…was supposed to reduce the mean and the variance…of processing times.…You need to know did that occur?…How much improvement was achieved?…Did process capability improve?…Did a sigma level improve between pre-project…and post-project performance?…This will help you quantify the operational benefits…and also help the finance team quantify…the benefits in monetary terms.…
Also showcasing improvements in process capability…and operational and financial benefits…is a great way to gain commitment and buy-in…for future six sigma projects.…So whether it's discreet data such as defect rates…or continuous data such as processing times,…Minitab can help you display the improved…process capability.…
LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com) is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc. Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability
Skill Level Intermediate
Operational Excellence Foundationswith Richard Chua1h 32m Appropriate for all
1. Define Phase
Overview of the Define phase3m 51s
2. Measure Phase
3. Analyze Phase
4. Improve Phase
5. Control Phase
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.