Join Richard Chua for an in-depth discussion in this video Certification information, part of Six Sigma: Black Belt.
- This course is designed to give you a robust knowledge of what it takes to perform at the Six Sigma Black Belt level. If you're interested in becoming Black Belt certified, you should know there are many Six Sigma Black Belt certifiers. These certifiers include professional societies, training consulting firms, colleges, and companies doing in-house certification. I think of it like pursuing an MBA. You can get an MBA at Harvard, UCLA, your state college, or whatever.
There is no one official body. Likewise, there is no monopoly on Six Sigma certification. Typically, to become certified, a Black Belt has to complete a Black Belt project in addition to training and passing an exam. If your goal is to become ASQ Black Belt certified, I highly recommend studying and reviewing the ASQ exam prep materials. The content we cover is consistent with Black Belt training I've taught in many companies over the past two decades as a certified Master Black Belt trainer and consultant.
When I deliver training to companies, I customize it with company examples and go in depth into the company's specific applications. In contrast, this course provides a high level, general perspective on Black Belt training. My hope is that you will find this course useful as you progress in your Six Sigma journey.
Dr. Richard Chua builds upon his Six Sigma: Green Belt, Six Sigma Foundations, and Learning Minitab courses—which are prerequisites to this course—and covers an array of topics, including measurement system analysis, hypothesis testing, response surface methods, displaying improved process capabilities, and more.
- Process flow metrics
- Measurement system analysis
- Calculating process capability
- Hypothesis testing
- Confidence intervals
- Testing for normality
- Designing, conducting, and analyzing full-factorial experiments
- Using fractional factorial experiments for screening
- Displaying improved process capability