Naturally, the amount of messages you have in Teams will grow substantially over time. Soon, it may become prohibitively difficult to find information in your channels. The search feature offers several tools to make it much easier to find old messages. See how to use filters to search only specific teams or channels. Also, see how to search for shared files or people in your teams.
- [Instructor] If you used Teams for a while,…then you will probably have several Teams,…each with several channels, full of lots of conversations.…If you're ever looking for a specific message…or conversation from the past,…it will probably help you to use the search tool.…Located at the top middle of the window…is the command box, that's this text field right here.…And this does more than just searching,…but for the moment, we're going to treat it as a search field.…So I have some conversations active…with my Web Development Team,…and I know at some point, there was a conversation…related to our masthead graphic.…
So let's find it, I'll just click on this box,…search for the word masthead,…press Enter, and we get a bunch of search results…over here on the left, pretty simple.…Now this is not limited to conversations…in your Teams channels, this tool also searches through…private messages that you send and receive in Chats.…So if we look at one specific message,…I'll just point at this one at the top,…you'll see there's a line at the bottom,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and conversations
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using apps, bots, and connectors to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android