You can use the Teams mobile app for iOS and Android to access your Microsoft Teams conversations when you are away from your computer. There are limitations. You don't get all of the features in the mobile app that you get in the desktop version. This video shows you what you can do with the mobile app and point out some of the significant features that cannot be accessed on mobile.
- [Instructor] Using the mobile app…for iPhone or Android, you can stay…up to date on your team's conversations…when you're not at a computer.…You can find Teams on the Apple App Store…or in the Google Play Store for Android.…I already have the app installed here…so I'll tap on it to launch it.…Now the first time you launch the app,…you will need to sign in and it will also ask you…if you wanna give the app permission…to display notifications.…I'm already signed in.…So here in the app at the bottom of the screen,…we can jump between the different sections.…We have things like chat, and teams,…and meetings, and so on.…These basically mirror the sections…that we have in the desktop application,…except we do not have the files…and app section here in the mobile app.…
So of course, the team section…is where the main action is so let's go there.…And naturally, I can see my teams…and the channels contained in those teams.…At first, you only see the teams in the favorites category…but you can tap See All Items if there's a team…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and conversations
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using apps, bots, and connectors to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android