Teams can translate messages that were written in a foreign language. This video shows how to set your default language in teams. Then you can see how to translate a message to your default language from a conversation channel or a private chat message.
- [Instructor] Teams can translate messages…from foreign languages.…First, you should set your own preferred default language.…Go to the account menu near the top right,…and go to Settings.…In the General tab, make sure the app language…is set to your preferred language.…If you make a change, choose Save and Restart.…Find a message that was sent in a foreign language.…Point your mouse cursor at the message.…The Menu button will appear.…
Choose Translate.…The message is translated to the app language that you set.…To reset the message, choose See original message.…The Translate feature works for private chat messages…and messages posted in a conversation channel.…
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Teams Tips
2. Working with Messages
Target people with @mentions1m 19s
3. Working with Teams
4. Meeting Tips
5. Customizing the Interface
6. Other Helpful Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.