This video shows three ways to share files in Teams. You can see how to send a file to a specific person in a private chat message. You can see how to post a file in a message to a conversation channel in a team. Then you can see how to upload files into the files tab of a channel. Finally, take a look at editing files that have been sent in Teams.
- [Instructor] Here are three ways…to send files to coworkers in teams.…If you want to send a file to one or two specific people,…go to the Chat section.…Compose a private chat message.…Click the paperclip button under the text field…to attach a file.…Navigate to the file you want and select it.…Wait for the file to upload…and type in a message if you want.…Then, click Send.…To send a file within a conversation thread in a team,…go to that conversation channel.…
You can reply to an existing conversation thread…or you can post a new message.…Once again, click the paperclip icon…under the text field.…Locate the file you want and wait for it to upload.…Then, click Send.…Files posted to a conversation channel…will be accessible to all members of that team.…You can also post a file to a channel…without posting a message.…Choose the Conversation channel…and go to the Files tab.…
Click the Upload button, navigate to the file,…and upload it.…If you send a file or receive a file,…you can click on it to view it…from any of these locations.…
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Teams Tips
2. Working with Messages
Target people with @mentions1m 19s
3. Working with Teams
4. Meeting Tips
5. Customizing the Interface
6. Other Helpful Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.