Messages posted in a team conversation are visible to every member of the team. If you want to get the attention of a specific person, you can use an @mention to target them. This video shows how to target an @mention and will also show what happens when an @mention is targeted to you.
- [Instructor] Messages posted in a conversation channel are visible to every member of a team. Make sure specific people see your message using @mentions. In a message, type the @ symbol, followed by a person's name. This searches for people in your organization's Office 365 directory. Click the person you want from the search results. This creates an @mention with that person's name. If you want to keep your messages short or informal, feel free to delete the last name. Write the rest of your message, then click the send button to post it.
It will be visible to any member of the team, but the @mention name is marked by a different color. If somebody posts a message that @mentions you, there will be a notification badge on both the teams and activity buttons on the side bar. Go to the activity section. You can see messages that contain @mentions targeted to you listed here. Click on a message to read it, or you can go to the conversation channel normally.
Messages that have the @ symbol next to them contain an @mention targeted to you. This makes targeted messages much clearer to the intended viewer.
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings