This video shows how to set notification alerts in Teams. You can set what type of alert you want to see for each type of message. Also, notification settings do not transfer from one device to another. You must adjust your settings separately on a computer and on a mobile device.
- [Instructor] You can configure notification alerts for when you receive messages in Teams. Go to the account menu, go to Settings, then to Notifications. You can set whether you receive alerts for each type of message. Maybe you only want to see banner alerts when you receive a chat message. But you don't want to see any alerts when somebody likes one of your posts. Choose the settings that you want. The notification options you set in the desktop application, do not transfer to your mobile device, so if you use Teams on a smartphone, you should set your notification settings there, as well.
In the mobile apps, go to the menu in the top left, then to Notifications. First choose whether you always want alerts on your mobile device, or only when Teams is not open on your computer. Then choose whether you want alerts for each type of message on your mobile device.
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings