This video shows some techniques for conserving battery life and data transmission when using the Teams app for mobile devices. First, see how to set the upload settings for when you share pictures on Teams. This can help you minimize the data you use when uploading pictures. Then see how to optimize video calls and meetings to save data and battery.
- [Instructor] If you use the mobile app…for Microsoft Teams, there are ways…to conserve data and battery use.…Open the menu in the top left,…go to settings, then to general.…Tap image upload quality.…If you upload pictures to conversation threads,…you can minimize data use by changing…the image upload quality.…If you use cellular data, you may choose…to always send low-resolution.…Your pictures will be smaller but will…take less data to transfer from your device.…
If you have an unlimited data plan…or always use your mobile device on Wi-Fi,…you can choose to always send pictures full-size.…Next, when you are in a video call or meeting,…you can make some adjustments to save battery…and data there.…You can disable your camera to save both…battery and data, but the other people…in the meeting will not be able to see you.…Also, if you keep your microphone off…until you are ready to speak,…this will help, as well.…You can also disable incoming video.…
You will not be able to see the other people…in the meeting, but this saves a lot of data use.…
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Teams Tips
2. Working with Messages
Target people with @mentions1m 19s
3. Working with Teams
4. Meeting Tips
5. Customizing the Interface
6. Other Helpful Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.