It's easy for the Teams interface to get cluttered if you are a member of several teams. In this video, learn how to hide teams and channels, which is a great way to clean up the interface.
- [Instructor] If there are any teams or even specific channels that you don't use very often, you can hide them to clean up your interface. Of course you could delete channels, or you could leave a team if you don't want to be a member of that team anymore. But this video is about keeping teams and channels around but removing them from your field of view to minimize clutter. So first, let's talk about hiding a team. I'll go to this team called social committee and to the right of the team name is the button with three dots and if I click on that, it opens this menu and I can choose hide. Now, depending on your screen layout, it may look like that team is gone, but it's really just been moved to this new category down at the bottom, labeled hidden teams. You can click that arrow next to where it says hidden teams to open or close it, to see the contents of it. So I can see that my social committee team is now in the hidden teams category. So naturally if hidden teams is closed, it's easy to miss, but you might want to keep it closed just so you can easily ignore those hidden teams. Naturally, I can go to it later, and if I do want that team to be back on my regular list, I can click on that same button with three little dots to the right of the team name. Now there's an option for show and it moves back up to the regular list. And if the hidden team's category is empty, it just disappears. Now you can also hide individual channels. So if you have a team like this one with lots of channels and you don't really interact with all of them, you can point at a channel name and you'll see that that button with three dots will appear to the right when you're pointing at that channel, click on that to open up the menu and there's a hide option there. So I'm going to hide a couple of these channels. So you can see down here at the bottom, I now have this item that says two hidden channels. I can always come here, click on that, and I can access those channels from here. And if I want to take them out of the hidden channels and put them back on the regular list, I can just click where it says show and it moves back. So by hiding a team or a channel, you've got it quick way to get them off your screen without deleting them or leaving the team.
- Integrating SharePoint content into Teams
- Linking cloud storage to Teams
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Hiding and pinning channels
- Targeting people with @mentions
- Sending messages with priority notifications
- Using the Immersive Reader
- Using voice messages and other options