You can send an email message or forward an email to a conversation channel. Email messages sent to a Teams channel will be displayed as a message posted to that channel. You can also see how to remove the incoming email option from a team.
- [Narrator] You can send an e-mail…or forward an e-mail message…into a conversation channel in Teams.…Select the conversation channel…and click the menu button to the right of the channel name.…Choose get email address.…Click copy to save the address to your clipboard.…Go to your e-mail application.…You can compose a new message…or forward an existing message.…Send the message to the e-mail address…for the Team channel you selected.…When you return to Teams, that e-mail message will appear…as a new message in the conversation channel.…
Members of your team can see the message…and reply to it in the channel.…Anybody with the e-mail address can send messages…to the associated conversation channel,…even if they are not a member of that team.…But if you do not want to receive any e-mail messages…in a channel, you can disable that e-mail address.…Go back to the menu…and select get e-mail address.…This time, click remove e-mail address…and confirm.…
That channel is no longer able to receive e-mail messages.…
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Teams Tips
2. Working with Messages
Target people with @mentions1m 19s
3. Working with Teams
4. Meeting Tips
5. Customizing the Interface
6. Other Helpful Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.