Messages that you post in a Teams channel are not permanent. This video shows how to edit messages and how to delete messages you've posted. You cannot edit or delete messages posted by another person—only your own messages.
- [Instructor] Messages you post in a Teams conversation…are not permanent.…They can be edited or deleted.…When you point your mouse cursor at a message you've posted,…a menu button appears.…The options to edit or delete will only be there…on messages that you have posted yourself.…You cannot edit or delete messages posted by other people.…Click the edit option,…then make a change to your message.…If you want to keep the changes,…click the check mark.…A label appears on the message showing that it was edited…so your team members know that you made some change…since the original posting.…
If you want to delete a message entirely,…go to the menu and choose delete.…If you change your mind, there is an option to undo.…
- Customizing your notifications
- Using Do Not Disturb efficiently
- Using keyboard shortcuts in Teams
- Working with bookmarks
- Using the immersive reader
- Sharing files
- Forwarding an email into a channel
- Managing and archiving teams
- Tips for Teams meetings
- Using the dark theme
- Adjusting admin settings
Skill Level Intermediate
1. General Teams Tips
2. Working with Messages
Target people with @mentions1m 19s
3. Working with Teams
4. Meeting Tips
5. Customizing the Interface
6. Other Helpful Tips
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.