Join Gini von Courter for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Microsoft Stream?, part of Learning Microsoft Stream.
- [Instructor] Microsoft Stream is an enterprise video service that allows you to create and share videos securely within your organization. Stream is easy to use. You and your colleagues can collaborate with videos using the apps that you already know how to use, like SharePoint and Yammer, and a browser. Microsoft Stream includes Enterprise search with built-in smart search tools and intelligent searching. That makes it easy not just to create and upload content but to be able to find the content you need when you need it.
If you've already been using video for Office 365, Microsoft Stream is the successor to Office 365 Video, and your Office 365 Video accounts are being migrated to Microsoft Stream. If you've thought about uploading your videos to another video service outside of your firewall but been worried about security, Microsoft Stream takes care of that. Microsoft Stream, like all of the Office 365 products, is fully secured with Enterprise-grade security.
Your users have access to videos because they've logged in, and permission levels can be set on specific video so that some users can edit but some users can only view. With Microsoft Stream, you get to easily choose who you want to share with, from a few members of your team to your entire organization. With Microsoft Stream, everyone in your organization can collaborate and reap the benefits of collaboration with video, and every video is secure.
- What is Microsoft Stream?
- Navigating in Stream
- Viewing and uploading videos
- Adding timings to descriptions
- Organizing and managing content
- Creating channels and groups
- Sharing videos