Formulas are what you use to do mathematical calculations on the numerical data in a spreadsheet. In this video, learn how to manually insert formulas, insert simple formulas automatically, and use more complex formulas.
- [Instructor] Formulas are an essential part…of working in Excel for many users.…Formulas are what Excel uses to do calculations.…I'm going to select this cell below my January sales numbers…and we'll start with a very simple formula…to add up all the numbers in that column.…If you know the formula that you want to use,…you can type it in.…Of course, you need to double tap…on that cell to start typing…and formulas always begin with the equals sign.…So with the onscreen keyboard,…I need to switch modes to find the equal sign.…There it is.…Then I can continue typing the formula.…
The sum formula will add up a range of cells.…So I'll put in sum…then in parenthesis I'll put in the range of cells.…So I want to add B3 through B6…so I'll type in B3 then a colon then B6…and it will add up that entire range…and then I just need to close the parenthesis.…When I'm done, I can tap the check mark to finish that off.…And now in that field,…we have the result of that calculation.…But let's be completely clear here.…That number is not actually in that cell.…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.