In this video, you can learn how to recognize emails that include summary cards, know what triggers Outlook to create the summary cards in an email you receive, and how to use the summary card to book confirmed events in your calendar without leaving the message.
- [Instructor] There's a cool new feature here in Outlook 2019 that will save you time and effort when it comes to booking events. When you receive emails from airlines, hotels, car rental agencies, and others, that information you receive will automatically be recognized here in Outlook and summary cards will be created for you with additional options like booking things in your calendar. Let's check it out. I have one here from an airline, Alaska Airlines.
This is a message that came from an airline that's recognized. They may not all be recognized now. Not all hotels and car rental agencies, but more and more are added all the time. And I can see on this summary card information such as when it departs and arrives. I can see the flight number, confirmation code. What's really cool though, is this is created by Outlook. This is not sent from the airline. The information's sent, the cards are created by Outlook and they include options like viewing this in my calendar.
That's right, it's automatically gonna go into my calendar here at the right start date and time and you can see the subject. Gives all the information I need, including the confirmation code and I'll I have to do is save and close. If I wanted to update anything here, like reminders et cetera, clicking Save and Close gives me confidence that it's in my calendar. I'm not gonna forget about this flight, my hotel reservation, my car rental, maybe a restaurant booking for example.
Now not every company's going to be recognized, but more and more are added all the time. This is going to save you a lotta time and effort when booking events and getting them into your calendar.
- Identify the code applied to images to indicate alternative text.
- Recognize the features of a funnel chart.
- Recall the PowerPoint feature that allows users to create thumbnails of the different sections in a presentation.
- Explain how to add an email recipient from within the body of an email.