The Word, Excel, and PowerPoint apps for Android devices are free, but in order to use all of the features of the apps, you need a paid Office 365 account. You can sign in with a free account or opt to not sign in at all, but some features will be missing. In this video, learn which features are only accessible with an Office 365 account.
- [Instructor] The Office apps are free to install,…but depending on your device, you may have to…pay for an Office 365 account to use them fully.…From the Google Play Store, just search…for the app that you want.…The Google Play Store is there on Android phones…and tablets, of course, and some Chrome OS…or Chromebook devices also support the Google Play Store…and can run apps designed for Android.…But since the apps are designed for Android devices,…they may behave a bit differently on a Chromebook.…Now, I already have these apps installed.…When you launch one of these apps for the first time,…you are prompted to sign in.…
And basically you have three options.…First, you can skip the sign-in and use…the app with some limitations.…Some features will not work.…Option two, you can sign in with a free Microsoft account.…If you have any free Microsoft account…like an Outlook.com account or Xbox account,…you can use that.…Or you can create a free account.…If you do sign in, you will also…have access to OneDrive, Microsoft's cloud storage tool.…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.