In this video, learn how to send Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files to collaborators as an email attachment. But, for OneDrive users, learn you can also send files to collaborators as a share link. Multiple people can open and edit office documents at the same time if they are shared on OneDrive. This is a feature known as coauthoring.
- [Instructor] The mobile apps for Word, Excel,…and PowerPoint are useful for quick sharing…and collaboration when you're not at your computer.…If you need to send a document to somebody,…first you should open the document…and then tap on the share button up in the bar at the top.…You may have to go into this menu to find that share button,…but I've got it right up there in the bar at the top,…so I'll tap on that.…So first if you need to just send this file…as an email attachment to somebody,…you can tap the option at the bottom that says Send a Copy.…Since I have a Word document open,…I can choose to send it as a Word file…or convert it to a PDF.…
I'm just going to choose Word Document.…And of course you will need…to have an email app already set up on your Android device.…If you have more than one email app set up,…just choose the one that you want to use.…I have Outlook up here at the top of the list,…but I also have the standard Gmail down at the bottom.…You can choose whichever one you have set up,…and then you'll get an email message…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.