In this video, learn how to show and hide certain elements on a spreadsheet to make it easier to read when printed. Also, learn how to freeze rows or columns so they stay on screen when you scroll around a page.
- [Instructor] Let's look at a few quick settings…to make it easier to view your spreadsheets,…especially on a small phone screen.…We're going to need to go to the view ribbon.…Of course, if you're using the phone app,…we're using the vertical ribbon,…and we'll need to switch over to View.…And there are three options that you can toggle on…and off right here with these checkboxes.…If you don't need to see the formula bar,…you can turn that off to get more screen space.…Turning off gridlines will make things easier to read.…And turning off headings will remove the letter…and number labels for columns and rows.…
Next, I want to scroll down to this option for Freeze Panes.…To see all of this data on this sheet,…I need to scroll left and right,…but I'm not able to see the labels I have…in that first column if I scroll all the way over here,…and that makes it harder to see…what everything is on this sheet.…But if I go back and select any of the cells…in that first column, then choose the option…to Freeze First Column, that first column is now frozen.…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.