It's important to set your notification settings in the Teams app so you get alerts when you receive new messages and replies. Learn that notification settings are different on the mobile and desktop applications and notification options need to be set on each device.
- [Instructor] There are lots of ways to receive messages…in Teams and notifications are how your device will let…you know when you've received a message.…Notifications are really important,…so you should take the time to configure Teams…to show you exactly the alerts that you want to see.…To do this, we'll start by going in to the menu,…just tap the button up in the top-left corner…to open that menu, and then I'm going to go…to this option for notifications.…There's some settings here, but here's the most important…variable I want everybody to know,…because I've heard from people confused by this.…
Lots of people use Teams on a desktop computer…and also have it on their mobile phone for convenience.…If you go into settings on your computer,…the options that you set for notifications…there do not transfer to your mobile device.…You must set the notification settings you want…on your computer then also set your options…on your mobile device, which might be…completely different settings.…For example, I disable all notifications on my computer,…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.