In this video, learn how to send private messages to coworkers in the Microsoft Teams app. See how chat allows you to send direct messages to specific people, instead of posting public messages in a conversation channel, which can be seen by the entire team.
- [Instructor] Posting messages to a conversation channel…in a team in Microsoft Teams…is a fairly public form of communication.…Any member of that team,…potentially anybody in your organization,…can see the message.…To send private messages instead…to one or two specific people,…you should use Chats.…So in the Team's app I'm going to tap on the Chat button…down at the bottom.…On this page you may see previous conversations.…I don't see any,…but that's only because old conversations…will be removed after some time.…
Let's send a message to somebody.…So I'm going to tap the Compose button near the bottom right…and I could choose somebody here on the list.…Of course these are people who I communicate with regularly…in my office organization.…Or I can just tap on the To field,…type somebody's name to do a search.…I found who I'm looking for…so I can tap on him to select him.…Now in this case, I have had private chat messages…with Judson in the past.…So I can see the history here…even though this conversation did not show up in the list…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.