In this video, learn how to add and remove columns and rows and to resize them. Also, see how to select multiple columns or rows and then apply formatting changes to all the cells within that selection.
- [Instructor] Let's look at how to make adjustments…to columns and rows in Excel.…You can select an entire row by tapping the number label,…or you can select an entire column…by tapping on the letter label.…So I've selected column A here.…Now you need to do this if you want…to resize a column or a row.…Notice the double white lines next to the letter A,…I can tap and hold that,…and I can drag to resize that column.…Alright that looks a lot better.…You can also select multiple rows…or multiple columns at the same time.…
To do that I'm going to tap on the header for B…so that B is selected,…and if you look kind of halfway down the screen…you'll see the circles on either side…of the selected column,…I can grab those circles to expand the selection.…So I'm going to drag this over because…I want to actually select all of the rest of these columns.…There we go, now they're all selected.…When you select a range of cells like this,…some onscreen controls pop up.…You can copy or paste,…or you can clear or delete…entire columns or rows like this.…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.