In this video, you can learn how to know how to grab the attention of someone when writing an email by mentioning them in the message with @mention, and know how to filter your own messages to only view those where you are mentioned.
- [Instructor] There's a fast and easy way to include someone in an email message as you're writing it here in Outlook 2019, all you have to do is mention them in the message and they'll automatically get it, if you use the new feature the at mention that we're gonna explore right now. I've started a brand new email. I'm sending it to this guy, David Rivers, up here. That's it, nobody else, no CC's. Down below I've started the message, please forward them to, and here's where I'm going to mention someone but I'm gonna start with the at sign.
Typing that in gives you access to your contacts and you can narrow this down by starting to type in the name of someone. I'm gonna type in the letter D. You can see what's happening here. I have a couple that I can choose from, I'm gonna click Dahlia. Her entire name and email gets added here after the at sign. Notice also she's been added to the To field up above. Now I can take out part of this if I don't need everything. Maybe just the name Dahlia Landon is enough. I can use the backspace key to take out the email.
She's still on the list. If I was to backspace and take everything out, her name would be removed from the To field. So I'm just going to add a period and when I send this off it'll be sent to the original person as well as her, but when she receives it, it'll be marked specifically as being mentioned. Let me show you what I'm talking about. When you're mentioned in an email you will receive the email, here's one, and as I select this you can see that Victor Gonzales, that's who I'm logged in as, is mentioned in this.
If you wanna narrow all of the message you're seeing down to just the ones where you're mentioned, you can go up here to the dropdown where we sort by and choose mentioned mail. All I'm gonna see now are the messages where I was mentioned. And there it is. We'll go back here to the drop down and choose all mail to see all of our messages. So at mentions will give you a fast and easy way to include someone in an email by simply adding them and mentioning them in the message itself.
- Identify the code applied to images to indicate alternative text.
- Recognize the features of a funnel chart.
- Recall the PowerPoint feature that allows users to create thumbnails of the different sections in a presentation.
- Explain how to add an email recipient from within the body of an email.