Learn how formatting a page lets you set the size and orientation of the document on the printed page and also set columns and page breaks.
- [Instructor] Formatting a document…is different from formatting text.…When you format a document,…you're adjusting settings for the size of your page,…your margins and the general layout of the document.…This includes columns and section breaks.…This version of our document has only text…with a bit of text formatting applied…based on features that we saw in another movie.…In the phone app,…we'll need to tap the edit button to go into the edit mode.…Then using the vertical ribbon on the phone…or the normal ribbon on the tablet,…I want to go over to the layout ribbon.…
And first, I want to take a look at the size of my document…so I'll tap on the size option.…For users in the United States,…most templates default to the US letter size,…8-1/2 inches by 11 inches.…If you plan to print this document…on a different sized paper stock,…you should change your document size here.…Next, I'm going to tap the back button on the left…and go over to orientation.…From here, you can choose to compose your document…in the portrait or landscape orientation…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.