In this video, you can learn how to use the new Focused Inbox to handle clutter to only view important messages, and know how to view other messages not deemed as important, and how to turn the Focused Inbox feature on or off.
- [Instructor] One change you may have noticed here in Outlook 2019 is how email clutter is handled. You may be accustomed to seeing a folder named clutter over here on the left-hand side. Well, that's all changed. We're now looking at something called the focused inbox. It's turned on by default and it can be turned off. What's happening is Outlook is using algorithms to figure out which messages might be more important than others. What you're going to see are two headings, focused and other.
With focused selected, you're going to see a list of messages deemed more important. By selecting other, you'll see those other messages that are not deemed as important. You will see junk mail, for example, show up under other. If you don't like this, you like to see all your mail together, go back to focused and instead click the view tab at the top where you'll see focused inbox has its own section here on the ribbon and show focused inbox is currently selected or turned on.
Click it to turn it off. You can see the headings now changed to all and unread, this way you can focus on what's not been read. For me, that's nothing, or see all of your messages grouped together. If you like being focused on what's important, turn that back on by clicking the same button.
- Identify the code applied to images to indicate alternative text.
- Recognize the features of a funnel chart.
- Recall the PowerPoint feature that allows users to create thumbnails of the different sections in a presentation.
- Explain how to add an email recipient from within the body of an email.