In this video, learn how to create a new document in the Microsoft Word app. See how to work with templates and set your storage locations and learn some additional saving options.
- [Instructor] In the Word app for Android,…I want to make a document from a template…and look at some saving options.…So let's open up Word and to create a new document,…I'll tap the plus button near the top right corner.…In this create in menu,…I do need to choose where I want to save my document…so I'll tap select a different location.…I want to save this on my OneDrive in the documents folder…then I'll tap Select.…Then I can go through the list of templates.…Now most of the time, I like to start with a blank document.…And technically, the blank document is a template,…so I'm going to tap on that to select it.…
Now I'm already in the edit mode on this new document,…so I'm just going to type in some text to get started.…When I'm finished typing,…I can tap the back button down below the onscreen keyboard…and then I do want to leave the editing mode,…so if you are using the phone app,…you'll need to tap the check mark…up near the top left corner to leave the editing mode.…Now we did set where the document is saved,…
- Exploring Office on an Android phone or tablet
- Creating and editing documents in Word
- Building spreadsheets in Excel
- Working with Excel formulas
- Creating presentations in PowerPoint
- Sharing files in Office for Android
- Working with Outlook calendar and email
- Managing notebooks in OneNote
- Messaging in Microsoft Teams
Skill Level Beginner
1. Set Up the Office Apps
2. Word for Android
3. Excel for Android
4. PowerPoint for Android
5. Collaborate in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
6. Outlook for Android
7. OneNote for Android
8. Microsoft Teams for Android
Send private chat messages2m 19s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.