Join Pete Zerger for an in-depth discussion in this video Protect Azure SQL with SQL Threat Detection, part of Microsoft Cybersecurity Stack: Securing Enterprise Information.
- [Instructor] Running SQL in Azure…brings some additional benefits.…For databases running on the Azure SQL service,…the new SQL threat detection service…monitors database activity and access,…building profiles to identify anomalous behavior…or user access.…If suspicious activity is detected,…security personnel can get immediate notification…about the activities as they occur.…Each notification provides details…of the suspicious activity…and recommendations on remediating the threat.…
SQL Threat Detection for Azure SQL Database…can detect a variety of threats, including…potential vulnerabilities.…SQL Threat Detection will detect common misconfigurations…in application connectivity to the SQL data,…and provide recommendations to administrators…on how to harden the environment.…It'll also detect SQL injection attacks.…One of the most common approaches to data extraction…is to insert a SQL query into an unprotected web form,…causing the form to return data that was unintended.…
SQL Threat Detection can identify if an attacker…
In this course—the third installment in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger demonstrates how to leverage the Microsoft cybersecurity stack to more effectively protect corporate information—on any device and in any cloud. Pete explains how to use Azure Information Protection (AIP) to protect information, as well as how to secure data on mobile devices. Plus, he covers identifying and controlling shadow IT, securing structured data in Azure, and more.
- Securing information on any device
- What is Azure Information Protection (AIP)?
- Configuring classification and labeling
- Classifying and protecting data in bulk
- Challenges of securing data on mobile devices
- Data loss prevention (DLP) on mobile devices
- Identifying and controlling shadow IT
- Securing collaboration and DLP
- Configuring dynamic data masking
- Protecting Azure SQL with SQL Threat Detection