- Exploring features and benefits of Hyper-V guarded fabric
- Implementing guarded fabric in Windows Server 2016
- Shielding virtual machine data
- Configuring security policies
- Managing and responding to security alerts
- Encrypting data at rest in Azure
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, I'm Pete Zerger. I'm an author, speaker, and 12-time Microsoft MVP, focusing on cloud architecture, DevOps, and Microsoft Cybersecurity solutions. In the world of hybrid cloud, traditional approaches to data center infrastructure security are no longer good enough. IT has to be prepared to defend against a variety of threats, from malicious virtualization administrators at their service provider, to threat actors trying to penetrate their IIS and (mumbles) resources hosted in public clouds, like Microsoft Azure.
That's what this course is all about. This course will guide you through the design and implementation of a modern approach to securing your data center and cloud infrastructure, from a variety of threats, both external and internal, regardless of physical location. We'll begin by exploring the capabilities of Hyper-V Guarded Fabric, a new feature in Windows Server 2016, enhancing security of your virtualization host and VM guests in private and hybrid cloud scenarios. We'll then move into monitoring and managing the security of resources, in both your private and public cloud with Azure security center.
And finally, we'll explore strategies for protecting your data at rest in IIS VMs through encryption as well as securing these resources from malware and other threats. So if you're ready, let's get started.