Join Pete Zerger for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure dynamic data masking, part of Microsoft Cybersecurity Stack: Securing Enterprise Information.
- [Instructor] Sometimes we need to show users…data in a sequel record, but maybe not all the data.…For example, when you call the cable company…and they ask for the last four digits…of your social security number,…we'd like to believe that the last four digits…is all the representative can see.…You certainly wouldn't want every employee…in a call center seeing all of your…sensitive info, and that's where dynamic data masking…in sequel server 2016 and later can help.…We'll begin by logging in to our sequel 2016 server…and launching sequel management studio,…and I'll open our exercise files.…
You should have access to these exercise files,…and the sample code in the downloads…available with this course.…We're going to create a table…with three different types of dynamic data masks,…so first I'll create a table called membership.…And now I'll insert a few records…into that table, and you can see here…I'm simply inserting some names…and a few values like phone number and email.…
Done, and now I'll create a new user,…
In this course—the third installment in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger demonstrates how to leverage the Microsoft cybersecurity stack to more effectively protect corporate information—on any device and in any cloud. Pete explains how to use Azure Information Protection (AIP) to protect information, as well as how to secure data on mobile devices. Plus, he covers identifying and controlling shadow IT, securing structured data in Azure, and more.
- Securing information on any device
- What is Azure Information Protection (AIP)?
- Configuring classification and labeling
- Classifying and protecting data in bulk
- Challenges of securing data on mobile devices
- Data loss prevention (DLP) on mobile devices
- Identifying and controlling shadow IT
- Securing collaboration and DLP
- Configuring dynamic data masking
- Protecting Azure SQL with SQL Threat Detection