Join Pete Zerger for an in-depth discussion in this video Configure built-in IRM options, part of Microsoft Cybersecurity Stack: Securing Enterprise Information.
- [Instructor] Now we're going to look…at our configuration options…for implementing Information Rights Management, or IRM,…to protect information in Office 365.…I'll begin by browsing to the Office 365 Portal…and logging in with my KinetEco Energy…Azure Active Directory user account.…As a prerequisite, this does assume…we've enabled Rights Management…in our Azure Active Directory.…So, I'll click on the Admin space…and we'll start by taking a look at IRM in SharePoint,…so I'll browse down to the lower left here…and under Admin centers,…I'll select SharePoint.…
I'm going to start by enabling the IRM capability…at the tenant level.…So, I'm going to select Settings…and about half to two thirds…of the way down this page,…I'll see an Information Rights Management section.…Now, it's important to note,…I'm not actually rights protecting anything here,…I am simply enabling the capability.…So, when I check this Use the IRM Service Option…and I hit the Refresh IRM Settings button,…this is going to update the setting in my tenant,…
In this course—the third installment in the series—Microsoft MVP Pete Zerger demonstrates how to leverage the Microsoft cybersecurity stack to more effectively protect corporate information—on any device and in any cloud. Pete explains how to use Azure Information Protection (AIP) to protect information, as well as how to secure data on mobile devices. Plus, he covers identifying and controlling shadow IT, securing structured data in Azure, and more.
- Securing information on any device
- What is Azure Information Protection (AIP)?
- Configuring classification and labeling
- Classifying and protecting data in bulk
- Challenges of securing data on mobile devices
- Data loss prevention (DLP) on mobile devices
- Identifying and controlling shadow IT
- Securing collaboration and DLP
- Configuring dynamic data masking
- Protecting Azure SQL with SQL Threat Detection