Join Oliver Schinkten as helps you get started using Microsoft Teams for your classroom. He shows how to organize your class and classwork using channels and tabs, and then demonstrates how to add and manage learning activities. He covers working with students, the grading process, and communicating using meetings and chat sessions. He also explains how to integrate with OneNote Notebooks to create lessons plans that can be quickly disseminated to students.
- Accessing Microsoft Teams
- Creating a class
- Customizing class settings
- Adding students to a class
- Adding tabs and channels
- Adding resources using connectors
- Chatting with students
- Managing student communication
- Starting a meeting
- Getting alerts about activities
- Sharing files and resources
- Distributing and grading assignments
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Oliver Schinkten and thank you for joining me for this course, in which we'll take a look at Microsoft Teams for Education. Microsoft Teams is a powerful application which will help you to increase communication and collaboration in your class by engaging your students on a digital platform. This also provides a great way to help your students develop digital citizenship skills, which will be critical for their futures. This is an introductory course that will help to get you up and running with Teams for Education. We'll take a look at the different types of teams that you can create. Also, how to create a class and add students, engage students in conversations, post announcements, incorporate applications, create, distribute and grade assignments and much more, all while creating a culture of communication and collaboration in your class.
I'm really excited about Microsoft Teams for Education. Let's get started.