Inside of a channel, you have the ability to add customized tabs in order to make tools and resources readily available for students to access. There are a wide variety of file types and apps which can be used to create tabs.
- [Instructor] Inside of a channel, you also have…the ability to create new tabs, which you can use…for many different reasons.…This is a great way to customize your class…and provide important tools and resources…for your students.…Let's take a look at how we can add a new tab.…Right now I'm inside of my General channel…in my Biology 101 class, and up at the top…you'll notice the different default tabs that we have,…but in this case I want to add a new tab,…so to the right of these, there is the plus button,…and if I click here it gives us our possible tabs…that we can add.…
Now there are a ton of them, if I scroll down…you'll see here that there are a bunch.…Some of these are Microsoft applications,…such as an Excel spreadsheet, a PowerPoint,…a Word document, and more, and others are…third-party applications, such as YouTube,…Hootsuite, and others.…You can even add things like a PDF or a website.…For this example, let's add a new one,…and here as a tab I want to add a website…that I want to bring front and center…
Join Oliver Schinkten as helps you get started using Microsoft Teams for your classroom. He shows how to organize your class and classwork using channels and tabs, and then demonstrates how to add and manage learning activities. He covers working with students, the grading process, and communicating using meetings and chat sessions. He also explains how to integrate with OneNote Notebooks to create lessons plans that can be quickly disseminated to students.
- Accessing Microsoft Teams
- Creating a class
- Customizing class settings
- Adding students to a class
- Adding tabs and channels
- Adding resources using connectors
- Chatting with students
- Managing student communication
- Starting a meeting
- Getting alerts about activities
- Sharing files and resources
- Distributing and grading assignments