Activity alerts are provided to you inside of Microsoft Teams in order to keep you more well-informed. When you are mentioned in conversations, you will receive a notification in the Activity tab.
- Instructor] Another way to stay informed in your class…is through activity alerts.…I've mentioned these a couple times during the course.…One of them was with at mentions.…When a specific at mention is directed at someone,…they will receive an alert inside of Microsoft Teams.…In between videos, I've sent a message from Madeline Charles…and made sure to include an at message towards me.…Now, inside of my Teams,…you can see that I do receive a notification…in a couple different places.…First of all,…next to the general channel on the left-hand side,…it's telling me one,…meaning that I have one message directed at me…inside of that channel.…
Here if I click on that channel,…I can see that message.…Now, the other place that it was is up here under activity,…it had a one next to it…so it was letting me know that I had a message here.…If I click on the activity icon…at the top left of the screen,…it will also bring me to any activity…including conversations I've started,…meetings that I was in,…and also any at mentions.…
Join Oliver Schinkten as helps you get started using Microsoft Teams for your classroom. He shows how to organize your class and classwork using channels and tabs, and then demonstrates how to add and manage learning activities. He covers working with students, the grading process, and communicating using meetings and chat sessions. He also explains how to integrate with OneNote Notebooks to create lessons plans that can be quickly disseminated to students.
- Accessing Microsoft Teams
- Creating a class
- Customizing class settings
- Adding students to a class
- Adding tabs and channels
- Adding resources using connectors
- Chatting with students
- Managing student communication
- Starting a meeting
- Getting alerts about activities
- Sharing files and resources
- Distributing and grading assignments