In this video, learn the Software as a Service concept and about Windows 10 support.
- [Narrator] With Windows XP and Windows 7, … many businesses never changed operating systems, … in some cases, for up to 10 years. … Some businesses never even installed service packs. … With regards to Windows 10 support, … Microsoft is keen not to allow businesses … to hold on to any version of Windows 10 for too long, … as this weakens the overall security … of the Windows as a service model. … All releases of Windows 10 … have a minimum of 18 months servicing. … This covers all editions, … and these updates will provide security … and feature updates for the release. … However, customers running … the Enterprise and education editions … will have an additional 12 months of servicing … for all semi-annual channel releases, … which happen in September/October time frame. … This, therefore, gives businesses … a maximum of 30-month support from the initial release. … For all semi-annual channel versions … released in the March or April time frame, … these will continue to have an 18-month life cycle …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.