In this video, learn about the in-place upgrade method of Windows 10 deployment.
- [Instructor] The In-Place Upgrade … is Microsoft's recommended method … when upgrading to Windows 10. … This is where Windows 10 is installed … over the top of your current older Windows operating system. … The major benefit for corporate IT … is that this is quick … and any user settings, apps and drivers are retained. … Your old operating system files are moved out of the way … and stored in case you need to roll back the operation … as we'll see in a later video. … Since this is an in-place upgrade, … there is little downtime for the user … that you cannot make major changes to the device set-up … using this method. … For example, you cannot repartition drives … or move my 32-bit architecture to a 64-bit one. … You can manually upgrade individual devices … using installation media and running setup.exe. … However, if you need to automate the upgrade process … at a scale within your organization, … then you'll need a tool … which will allow you to upgrade multiple devices at once. …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.