In this video, learn how Windows 10 offers many new features and functionality requiring new deployment processes, including a review of in-place upgrades, dynamic provisioning, and more.
- [Instructor] Windows 10 still supports … the traditional deployment method of Wipe and Load. … This is where a backup of the user and application … settings is made, … the old operating system is completely wiped, … Windows 10 operating system is then installed, … and then the backup of the user state is applied. … This method allows a clean install … of the new operating system … and is useful when major changes need to be made. … These include if you need to repartition the hard drive … on the device, … or move from a 32 bit to a 64 bit architecture. … It can also be used for when an upgrade path … is not supported, … such as when upgrading from Windows Vista to Windows 10. … However, this method is very much more hands-on … and labor intensive, … particularly when upgrading many devices … within an enterprise environment. … …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.