In this video, learn how to use user profiles to manage user settings and features, including profile types of local, roaming, mandatory, temporary, and super mandatory.
- [Instructor] User profiles store … user configuration information. … They're useful as they provide … a personalized and familiar desktop experience for users, … and control desktop elements. … A user profile is personal to the user, … and is created when a user logs in for the first time. … If the user changes any desktop settings, … these are saved to the profile. … The information in the user profile … is loaded automatically by Windows … each time the user logs in. … The profile can include; a desktop layout, … such as icon size and placement, … screen colors and screensavers, … connections to networks and printers, … and settings for the mouse, … app window size and position, … and much more. … There are different types of user profile, … including local, roaming and mandatory. … Local user profiles are created and stored … on a local machine, … and are only available for that individual device, … and for that user. … Because they're local, … these profiles are quick to load, …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.