In this video, learn how to use the User State Migration Tool (USMT).
- [Instructor] To help organizations with the … migration process, Microsoft provides a tool for … migrating user profiles when working at scale. … It's called the User State Migration Tool or USMT … which is part of the Windows ADK. … The User State Migration Tool contains a set of three … command line tools. … These are the ScanState.exe … LoadState.exe … and UsmtUtils.exe … Let's take a look at what each one does. … As suggested by the name, ScanState is used on the … source computer to scan the profile information. … It collects files and settings and saves the information … into a migration store in a .mig file. … A migration store can be located on a network … or external drive. … You can additionally encrypt and password protect … the data stored within the migration store. … This is highly recommended since anyone with access … to the migration store can use the files to restore … the migration information. … The next command tool is LoadState. … LoadState collects the information out of the …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.