In this video, discover how SLAs are useful to understand the scope and level or capping of liability of a cloud service provider. Additionally, discover how not all SLAs are the same and that you need to understand liability clauses.
- [Instructor] Before signing up to work … with a cloud service provider, … you need to fully understand the levels of service … that they'll provide … and also, what their limit of liability will be … if the service is not maintained as expected. … Service level agreements, or SLAs, … are used to legally state the services and responsibilities … of each party. … A service level agreement will specify what happens … in examples such as if there are unforeseen problems … or a natural disaster which causes the service … to be unavailable. … You need to thoroughly review the agreement … and challenge areas that you disagree with. … And finally, remember that SLAs are designed … to protect the cloud service provider … and not necessarily the customer. … I've reviewed dozens of SLAs and my key tips are … don't automatically agree to the standard terms … and SLAs of a cloud service provider. … The SLA should be a two way agreement, … so do attempt to tailor the SLA to suit your organization …
- Cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Managing privacy in the cloud
- Meeting compliance goals
- Cloud availability
- Monitoring service health and maintenance
- Cloud services and their characteristics
- Identifying requirements of Microsoft cloud services
- Signing up for cloud services
- Configuring cloud services
- Configuring Microsoft Intune
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cloud Principles and Delivery Mechanisms
2. Cloud Security Requirements and Policies
3. Cloud Updates and Availability
Cloud availability1m 6s
4. Types of Cloud Services
5. Identify Requirements of Microsoft Cloud Services
6. Sign Up for Cloud Services
7. Configure Cloud Services
8. Cloud-Based Device Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.