Review how a subscription or Pay-As-You-Go model may help reduce costs for some organizations. With a look at rent and buy options and capex—or Capital Expenditure—and oppex—Operational Expenditure—costs.
- [Instructor] One of the primary business reasons … for using the cloud is that the costs … should be significantly lower when compared … to traditional computing. … In a non-Cloud environment, businesses typically incur … a wide variety of on-premises IT infrastructure costs. … These include costs of physical server hardware, … associated storage and networking, … and on-site and off-site backups and archiving. … Each of these items has a real, fixed cost … and as a business grows, the organization will need … to increase their capacity by purchasing more … of these assets. … There will also be costs relating … to business continuity and disaster recovery. … Organizations also have to provide physical security … and monitoring for servers and server rooms. … They'll need to undertake the purchasing … of software licenses for all users, devices and servers. … And finally, often the largest cost … within the IT budget will be the staffing costs. … In business, there are two types … of funding models available. …
- Cloud principles and delivery mechanisms
- Managing privacy in the cloud
- Meeting compliance goals
- Cloud availability
- Monitoring service health and maintenance
- Cloud services and their characteristics
- Identifying requirements of Microsoft cloud services
- Signing up for cloud services
- Configuring cloud services
- Configuring Microsoft Intune
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Cloud Principles and Delivery Mechanisms
2. Cloud Security Requirements and Policies
3. Cloud Updates and Availability
Cloud availability1m 6s
4. Types of Cloud Services
5. Identify Requirements of Microsoft Cloud Services
6. Sign Up for Cloud Services
7. Configure Cloud Services
8. Cloud-Based Device Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.