In this video, learn about Windows 10 provisioning packages, and how to use provisioning packages during and after the Out of Box Experience (OOBE).
- [Narrator] Some organizations will purchase devices … with Windows 10 already installed. … But then administrators will reimage these machines anyway. … This is because many organizations may want to use … a custom setup for their devices. … However, reimaging is not always necessary, … and it's certainly not modern … or recommended by Microsoft. … This legacy process can represent poor use … of an administrator's or technician's time. … A more modern approach is to customize Windows 10 devices … by using a new feature called Provisioning Packages. … A provisioning package is a file that contains … Windows 10 settings and configuration information … that you may want the device to have. … When a .ppkg file is applied … to a Windows 10 device by an administrator … they will configure that device … without the need for reimaging. … Configuring devices in this way … can be very convenient, … especially when you're configuring … only a few general settings … or you have a small number of PCs, …
This course closely aligns to the first two domains of exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops: Deploy and update operating systems and Manage policies and profiles.
- Implementing Windows 10
- Provisioning packages
- Deploying Windows 10 using Windows Autopilot
- Upgrading to Windows 10
- Managing Windows Update for Business
- Managing device authentication
- Working with user profiles
- Managing Windows 10 using Microsoft Intune
- Managing policy precedence
Skill Level Intermediate
Microsoft 365: Implement Modern Device Serviceswith Liam Cleary2h 52m Intermediate
Windows 10 deployment1m 3s
1. Implementing Windows 10
2. Windows Autopilot
3. Upgrading to Windows 10
4. Managing Updates
5. Device Authentication
6. Device Co-Management
7. Device Configuration and Compliance
8. Managing User Profiles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.